ICSI Treatment in India
Welcome to Bloom IVF
Are you struggling with male-factor infertility?
Do you wish to have your biological child?
Well then, ICSI is the right treatment for you.
Read on to get further insight into this advanced fertility treatment.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a more advanced form of IVF used to treat severe cases of male infertility. In this procedure, the sperm is directly injected into a matured egg for fertilization.
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai was one of the first fertility specialists to perform ICSI Treatment in India in 1995, a procedure he has mastered over the years.
He is considered one of the best gynecologist in India, having 35+ years of experience in reproductive medicine. Throughout his illustrious career, he has pioneered several innovative procedures and techniques for which he has received 50-plus awards.
Currently, ICSI is one of the most opted fertility treatments at Bloom IVF, a chain of premier fertility centre in India founded by Dr. Hrishikesh Pai.
Procedure for ICSI
Step 1 - Collection and preparation of the sperm
During the ICSI procedure, we will extract the sperm from either the semen sample provided by you or through testicular sperm extraction, wherein the needle is directly inserted into the testis to retrieve the sperm.
Step 2 – Sperm selection
Our doctor will select the most viable sperm with a high DNA integrity to inject into the eggs for fertilization during the ICSI technique.
Step 3 – Egg retrieval
We will carry out egg retrieval with the help of transvaginal ultrasound after ovarian stimulation. Our doctor will extract the eggs by inserting a hollow needle via the vagina into the ovaries to collect the eggs through suction.
After egg extraction, our embryologist will use a microscope to analyze them to determine their maturity. At our clinic, we exclusively use genetically developed eggs for ICSI treatment.
Step 4 – Sperm injection
To inject the egg with the sperm, our embryologist will put the sperm in such a manner into an injection pipette that the head of the sperm enters the egg first.
With the help of a high-definition microscope, we will inject the sperm into the egg by applying a little suction to break the membrane slightly.
This method allows the sperm to penetrate the egg easily. Our embryologist will regularly monitor the egg to check for fertilization.
Step 5: Embryo Transfer
If fertilization happens, the fertilized eggs (embryos) are left to develop in the incubator for 3 to 5 days under constant supervision.
Depending on the embryos’ growth, our fertility doctor will transplant them to the uterus using a catheter.
Sometimes, they may wait for the embryo to reach the blastocyst stage, the fifth day, before transferring them to the uterus.
We aim to increase your chances of conception by transferring the most viable embryos.
After around two weeks of embryo transfer, the woman must undergo a pregnancy test to find out if she is pregnant. Future treatment is planned in accordance with the outcome.
What is the ICSI treatment cost in India?
The cost of ICSI treatment in India is affordable but varies from clinic to clinic. The price variation depends on various factors, such as the way the sperm are retrieved, if they are frozen prior to the procedure, the experience of the fertility specialist, and the reputation and success rate of the clinic.
The ICSI cycle cost is inclusive of the procedure, lab fee, and doctor’s charges.
What is the success rate of ICSI treatment in India?
The success rate of ICSI treatment in India at Bloom IVF is as high as the top fertility centres around the world. The fertilization rate is approximately 80 to 85%. For couples dealing with male infertility, the fertilization rate is 70 to 80% for all microinjected eggs.
The live birth rate at our clinic is around 40 to 50%, making Dr. Hrishikesh Pai one of the best gynecologist in India.
It is a condition wherein the number of sperm declines for various reasons making it tougher to have biological children. If other alternative treatments have failed, then ICSI may be a good option.
Irregular shape or morphology of the sperm is termed teratozoospermia. Natural conception can be hampered due to defects in the tail, head, or midpiece of the sperm. In such cases, ICSI may be beneficial.
Reduced sperm movement (motility) is one of the main causes of male-factor infertility. It can happen due to structural abnormalities or metabolic deficiencies. ICSI treatment can overcome this issue, where the sperm is directly injected into the egg.
Apart from the above reasons, other factors that necessitate ICSI treatment are:
- For unknown reasons, healthy sperm and eggs fail to fertilize.
- When you are using cryopreserved eggs, then ICSI is advised as the eggshell tends to harden due to freezing.
- To avoid polyspermy, which is the entry of multiple sperm into the egg, ICSI is recommended.
- If you plan to opt for PGT to avoid passing on a genetic disorder to your offspring, then ICSI is better suited.
- ICSI is the ideal insemination method for couples with HIV because it avoids egg-semen contact and decreases the likelihood of viral exposure.
Who can opt for ICSI treatment?
Our fertility specialist often recommends ICSI treatment to men with infertility issues, like:
- Low motility of the sperm
- Fewer sperm counts
- Poor quality of the sperm
- An individual who has undergone a vasectomy
- Sperm not capable of penetrating the egg
What are the benefits of ICSI treatment?
- It is an excellent option for people with sperm issues, ejaculation problems, and unexplained infertility.
- It offers men struggling with male factor infertility father a child.
- It gives men who had vasectomy an option to have children.
What are the disadvantages of ICSI treatment?
- There is a risk of egg damage during the procedure.
- Risk of passing on infertility issues to a male child, as male infertility is genetically passed on.
- It is more expensive than an IVF procedure.
Why choose us?
- Hrishikesh Pai is one of India’s most sought-after ICSI and IVF doctors for his extensive knowledge and experience. He has gained global recognition for his innovations and high success rates.
- Bloom IVF is synonymous with excellence. We are known for providing one of the best ICSI treatment in India. Here, you can avail all the advanced fertility treatments and procedures under one roof.
- Our fertility centre is fitted with state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment and has the most sophisticated IVF lab with highly-qualified embryologists and technicians.
Where can you consult us?
Bloom IVF has clinics all over India for the convenience of the patients. We have more than nine IVF centres in India at Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mohali, Nagpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Indore.
All our clinics are counted among the best IVF centre in India for world-class treatment, high success rate, and patient satisfaction.
Prenatal sex determination & sex selection is illegal in India and not done here. It is a punishable offence.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of ICSI treatment in India varies from clinic to clinic. You must visit the clinic for a consultation to know the exact cost. We at Bloom IVF provide this procedure at an affordable price.
According to research, IVF and ICSI are both effective procedures with the same live birth success rates. However, ICSI has a better fertilization rate of 80 to 85 percent.
Bed rest is not necessary. However, it is advisable not to over-exert yourself. Also, a stress-free, positive mind and a healthy diet can improve your chances of conceiving.