Follicular Monitoring in India
Welcome to Dr. Hrishikesh Pai’s Bloom IVF!
Do you know that every month there is a particular time when your eggs become mature?
If you are trying to become pregnant, knowing this particular time can help you become pregnant.
Well, follicular monitoring is the solution for you. Visit our Bloom IVF centre to avail one of the best facility of follicular monitoring in India.
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is one of the most famous fertility specialist in India who is providing treatment for Infertility and IVF since 1991. He has performed 25000+ cases in the field of Gynaecology and Infertility with colossal success. Over the years, our doctor has received more than 45 awards for his contribution to infertility treatment.
What is follicular monitoring?
To understand the follicular monitoring procedure, first, we need to understand what a follicle is. A follicle is a cluster of cells or tissues which develops in women’s ovaries. On average, a woman can produce four lakhs follicles in their lifetime. Here, each follicle can release one egg in their lifetime.
Follicular monitoring is an essential method of examining your ovarian follicles. It helps to recognize the most suitable time for your egg’s maturity. It is beneficial to assess the size and quality of your follicles. The procedure involves scanning your ovaries during the menstrual cycle.
A study of follicle and pregnancy are very closely related to each other. When a couple wants to plan pregnancy, the partners have to try when ovulation happens.
What is the procedure of follicular monitoring?
The procedure usually involves one to three scans. After various intervals, we perform these scans starting from the seventh to ninth day from your last menstrual cycle. We at Dr. Hrishikesh Pai’s Bloom IVF recommend you the most favorable time to undergo the procedure of follicular monitoring in India. The procedure includes the following steps.
- Preparation: Generally, we prefer the second day of your menstruation to perform the follicular study. You need to empty your urinary bladder just before the procedure. It is a repetitive process until ovulation happens. You need to wear comfortable clothes and take any medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Scanning: The scanning requires a slightly dark examination room. We usually do an endovaginal scan. Here we put a small probe in your vagina. Then on the scan monitor, we look for your uterus and ovaries. When we perform a vaginal scan, we can examine your uterus and ovaries much better. So, it becomes easy to keep on tracking the follicle. On day 2 and day 3, we do a baseline scan to look for the uterus and the ovaries. After that, we undergo the second scan on day 8, day 10.
- Examination: When we perform the transvaginal scanning, it helps provide us more transparent images of your inner organs. The scan effectively evaluates the condition, shape, and size of your following body parts-
- Your womb/uterus
- The wall of your uterus or endometrium
- Both of your ovaries
- Your pelvic area or adnexa
While performing the examination, we use ultrasound for scanning. It helps to count the number and measure the diameter of each follicle.
What is the cost of follicular monitoring?
Follicular monitoring in India is not such a costly procedure. The cost is subject to variations depending upon the situation. It is better to contact our clinic to know the exact cost.
Who requires follicular monitoring treatment?
We advise you to go through the follicular monitoring procedure for the couples who are trying to conceive. It is highly beneficial for those couples who are not able to conceive after many months of trying. Along with these, if you are suffering from any other issues related to infertility, then we may suggest you opt for follicular scanning.
What are the benefits of follicular monitoring treatment?
Follicular monitoring treatment is a very beneficial procedure for couples who want to have a child. Along with the pair, who are suffering from failure to conceive, couples who wish to can also conceive. The benefits of the follicular study are as follows –
- It helps to identify the exact time of your ovulation.
- The scanning can help you to understand the same reason for your previous miscarriage, if any.
- If you are on prescription drugs to induce ovulation yet unable to conceive, the method will help determine the causes.
- Again, it helps in countering various conception-based problems related to your pregnancy.
- You will identify the follicles that can never grow properly.
- If you are suffering from thickening of the uterus lining, the procedure will determine that.
- The process can identify the reason for your polycystic ovary syndrome.
Are there any side effects of follicular monitoring?
Follicular monitoring does not have any physical side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
After a follicular study, you come to know about the appropriate timing of your ovulation. So, if you try for pregnancy during that relevant time, there is a high chance of being pregnant.
The ideal follicular size for ovulation is 18 to 20 millimeters.
No, follicular monitoring procedure is not a painful process. However, you may experience slight discomfort due to the angle of the ultrasound probe.
Prenatal sex determination & sex selection is illegal in India and not done here. It is a punishable offence.