Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment in Mumbai
Welcome to Bloom IVF
Are you eager to experience the joy of parenthood?
Is infertility restricting the chances of conception?
Check out Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) option, which is a simple and affordable fertility treatment for getting pregnant.
To undergo IUI fertility treatment, consult Dr Hrishikesh Pai at Bloom IVF.
Dr Hrishikesh Pai, the Medical Director of Bloom IVF, is one of the leading gynaecologists in India. He is among the pioneers of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). He has treated many patients with infertility problems and has fulfilled their dream of becoming parents.
Let’s know about Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and how it works in infertility?
What is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a popular fertility treatment and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). It helps overcome the natural barriers to the passage of the sperms from the vagina to the fallopian tubes. The IUI procedure places sperm in the uterus to begin their journey closer to the egg cells.
How much do the IUI treatment costs?
It is the most typical and less expensive procedure than other expensive fertility treatments like IVF, ICSI, and IMSI.
IUI is less invasive and much cheaper than IVF. Hence, it is the preferred method for single women and lesbians who choose to use donor sperm to achieve pregnancy.
How is IUI done?
The process of IUI includes the below-mentioned steps: –
- The semen sample is washed in an IUI lab.
- This sample contains an adequate amount of motile, normal sperms suspended in a nutrient medium.
- An ultrasound examination helps the fertility expert to determine the position of the uterus and whether the follicle has ruptures. So, the fertility expert can fix the right time for the placement of sperm.
- The fertility expert loads the sperm into the IUI catheter and directly injects the sperm into the uterine cavity during the ovulation period. Insemination of the sperm during ovulation helps in successful conception.
- After injecting the sperm into the uterus, the chances of pregnancy increase. The injection of sperm near the egg increases the fertilization probability.
Why Bloom IVF Center?
- Bloom Fertility Center is a name reckoned among the top fertility treatment providers in India. We have brought eternal joy to many couples that have had no hopes of attaining parenthood.
- We have a team of fertility specialists with experience spanning decades. We offer comprehensive solutions to address infertility issues in couples and individuals.
- At Bloom IVF Center, we strictly follow standard protocols when handling eggs and sperms. Our centre is equipped with state-of-the-art medical infrastructure for fertility treatments. We implement these latest techniques and provide all these facilities at affordable costs.
What are the benefits of IUI?
- IUI does not involve the removal of eggs from a woman’s uterus, and thus there is less risk of complications.
- The IUI procedure does not require the administration of general anaesthe Hence, there are no complications, both during the process and during the postoperative phase.
- The IUI can also be effectual in a woman who needs to use sperm from a donor to become pregnant.
- It can treat different types of infertility conditions like low male factor, cervical factor, unexplained infertility, and ejaculatory dysfunction.
- IUI, in combination with ICSI as part of IVF, can achieve a better pregnancy rate, and success in women with a history of infertility or lesbians or singles.
Who should consider IUI?
IUI can be useful in patients with below conditions:
- If the semen sample has slightly low counts or motility or a mild degree of abnormal sperms, where we do not need to rush to IVF (Mild male factor infertility).
- Sexual problems in the male like impotence or premature ejaculation or retrograde ejaculation or sexual dysfunction.
- Conditions where the cervix is hostile and thereby destroys the sperms, as evidenced by specific tests.
If you have not been pregnant in about two or three IUI cycles, your doctor can also recommend IVF fertility treatment.
Let our expert team at Bloom IVF support you in conceiving a child through IUI treatment. Contact us and plan a consultation with Dr Hrishikesh Pai.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The success rate of IUI is about 15% to 20%. But the success rate also depends on various factors that are beyond the control of the doctors. Thus, the success rates of IUI are comparatively low as compared to IVF fertility treatment.
IVF involves fertilization of an ovum and sperm outside the uterus, i.e. in a lab. Further, the fertility expert inserts the fertilized embryos in the uterus. But in IUI the fertilization takes place after insertion of the sperm directly into the uterus.
Once the sperm is inserted into the uterus, it doesn’t fall out. Occasionally there is wetness after the IUI procedure, but this is related to the catheter loosening the cervical mucus.
Prenatal sex determination & sex selection is illegal in India and not done here. It is a punishable offence.