- Qualifications: M.D., F.C.P.S., F.I.C.O.G. MSc
- Profession: Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Specialization: IVF and Infertility Management
- Experience: 29+ years
- Contact No: 9820057722
- Centres: Bloom IVF – Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai; Fortis hospital, Navi Mumbai; and Dr. D Y Patil Hospital, Navi Mumbai.
In Mumbai, many couples are patiently waiting for the ‘Good News’. Having difficulty in conceiving naturally, they are searching for the best alternatives such as IVF to have their own child.
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is a renowned Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, majorly known for IVF treatment in Mumbai. He is one of the best IVF surgeons in Mumbai helping couples who dream of having a baby.
He has been practicing IVF and Infertility management since 1991. For nearly 3 decades he has contributed to the advancement of infertility treatment. He has received many Indian as well as International awards for his outstanding work in IVF and infertility treatment. He has faithfully attended hundreds of medical conferences in the world as a speaker, chairperson, and panelist.
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai has treated patients from more than 50 countries. IVF doctors across the world approach him for IVF training and consultation. Hence, he is one of the best infertility doctors in Mumbai. He was the first in India to introduce Assisted Laser Hatching, oocyte freezing, and Spindle View technology for improving pregnancy rates.
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is currently the Medical Director of the Bloom IVF group. It has 9 centres across India in places such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Mohali, Guwahati, Jallandhar, Raipur, Kakinada, Amritsar. All these centres have state-of-art technology and offer the best infertility treatment in the world.
Watch the best IVF specialist in Mumbai talk about ways to cope with IVF
Dr. Pai states that before undergoing IVF, couples must get adequate information about the procedure. They must talk to a doctor and get the necessary consultation. He also emphasizes on planning the timing of the IVF procedure to receive results at the proper time.
Since he has more than 30 years of experience as an Infertility specialist in Mumbai, he understands that patients undergo stress during IVF. He believes that maintaining a Work-Life balance is highly important to combat the stress for a better outcome. Couples must focus on the benefits of IVF rather than disadvantages while undergoing treatment. They should manage their time and emotions to feel positive.
Here are the Expert Services of Dr. Hrishikesh Pai
- IVF: In the In-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure, the doctor removes mature eggs from the woman’s ovaries. These eggs are then fertilized by sperm in a lab. The fertilized embryo/embryos are then transferred to the uterus. This procedure helps an infertile couple to conceive a baby.
- ICSI: ICSI is an acronym for Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection. It is an advanced form of IVF. After retrieving eggs from a woman’s ovaries, each egg is separately injected with a single sperm for fertilization. These fertilized eggs are then transferred into the woman’s uterus.
- Egg Donation: In the egg donation process, a woman willingly donates her eggs to help other women to get pregnant. The woman who donates her eggs is called a ‘donor’. These eggs are then injected with the sperm of the husband for fertilization. The resultant embryo or embryos are then inserted into the wife’s womb. The eggs are precisely borrowed from a healthy woman who does not have any illness.
- Surrogacy: It happens that a woman is unable to carry the baby in her womb or is unable to deliver the baby. In such cases, surrogacy is the option for these women. In this method, through IVF, an egg is first retrieved from the mother or a donor. It is then fertilized with the sperm of the father or a donor. The fertilized embryo/embryos are then transferred to a surrogate woman’s womb who agrees to carry the baby.
- Embryoscope Dr. Hrishikesh Pai was the first to introduce the Embryoscope machine in Asia. This machine is an IVF incubator which has a camera to capture time-lapse images and video of the fertilized embryos. This helps the embryologist to observe changes in the embryos. It keeps them in the intact temperature until they are carefully transferred into the uterus of the woman.
- IMSI Intra-Cytoplasmic Morphologically selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) is another advanced infertility treatment. The embryologist examines and selects the best quality sperm by using a high-magnification digital imaging microscope. The selected sperm is then injected into the egg for effective fertilization. This technique is a break-through in treating male infertility and getting pregnant.
ISAR Late Dr. Prabha Malhotra Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award at Annual ISAR – Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction Conference, Hyderabad 2020. He received the award for valuable services rendered to infertile couples and a lifelong commitment to the specialty in 2020.
Mumbai Obstetric and Gynaecological Society Appreciation Award, Mumbai in 2020.
Awarded with the esteemed Fellowship ad eundem of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2019. He received the award in FRCOG, London in 2019. It is one of the top-most academic awards for a Gynaecologist worldwide.
Doctor of the Year Award by IMA (Indian Medical Association) at Centenary Celebrations of Medical Conferences in India in 2017.
Associations and Memberships
International Advisory Board IVF Worldwide
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is an active member of the largest and most comprehensive (IVF) focused website for doctors, embryologists, nurses, and social workers. They connect IVF doctors and specialists to encourage communication, discuss special treatments and medications, and initiate research on IVF issues.
FOGSI Manyata Program
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is the National Administrator of the FOGSI Manyata Program. The program was launched in 2017 by FOGSI in association with MSD for Mother, Jhpiego (USA) & MacArthur Foundation (USA). They aimed at reducing maternal and infant mortality rates in India.
Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society (MOGS)
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai has lifetime membership with MOGS. He is the former President of MOGS. It is the oldest Obstetric and Gynecological Society in the country. They keep their members updated with the latest developments in the industry.
American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is also a member of ASRM which is a non-profit organization focused on the advancement of reproductive medicine.
Dr. D Y Patil Medical College, Mumbai
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is the Assistant Honorary Professor at Dr. D Y Patil Medical college following his passion for teaching.
You can give a call on +91-9820057722 to book an appointment with Dr. Hrishikesh Pai
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is available at these centres in Mumbai:
- Bloom IVF Centre: Lilavati Hospital, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
- D.Y Patil Hospital IVF Centre: 11, Ayyappa Rd, Dr. D Y Patil Vidyanagar, Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
- Fortis Hiranandani Hospital: Mini, Seashore Rd, Sector 10, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400703
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is one of the leading IVF specialists in Mumbai. He has performed more than 10,000 test tube baby procedures. He is a pioneer in Assisted Reproduction Technology and is a highly experienced Obstetrician and Gynecologist. He has brought a smile on many couples who were hoping to hold their baby in hand. His IVF success rate is very high in Mumbai.
- Hrishikesh Pai did MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital in Mumbai.
- He has received a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from the University of Mumbai.
- He also completed a Clinical Fellowship in Reproductive Biology from the Royal Women’s Hospital Melbourne, Australia
- He also received a Masters of Science (MSc) degree in Clinical Embryology & Andrology from the Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, USA
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai has received more than 40 awards for his outstanding performance and contribution to Infertility Management.
Here are some of the News Publications featuring Dr. Hrishikesh:
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai speaks about the myths people have related to infertility issues and IFV treatment. These myths do not allow couples to plan successful IVF treatments.
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai along with Dr. Nandita Palshetkar carried out the treatment at the Bloom IVF Centre.
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai helped a 38-year-old woman to become a mother for the second time by using her frozen eggs.
- With recent advancements in medical technology, even men with no sperm can become fathers. There is an entire range of procedures which can facilitate pregnancy.