Hysteroscopic Surgery in Mumbai
- Do you suffer from irregular and heavy menses?
- Do you experience severe cramping during periods?
Then, you should consult an experienced and skilled gynaecologist in Mumbai like Dr. Hrishikesh Pai.
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai has outstanding experience of more than 35 years in obstetrics, gynaecology, and infertility. Due to immense experience, Dr. Pai gained expertise in gynaecological procedures. Hence, Dr. Pai is also considered one of the best hysteroscopy doctor in Mumbai.
To diagnose your reproductive health, Dr. Hrishikesh Pai may recommend hysteroscopic surgery in Mumbai to get a close view of your cervix and uterus. It will help determine the root cause of abnormal bleeding.
Moreover, Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is best known for his expertise and skills as an IVF doctor in India. Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is the founder and director of the Bloom IVF group. The Bloom IVF is a renowned IVF centre in Mumbai, holding eight reputed IVF centres in India.
Now, let’s learn more about Hysteroscopic surgery, its procedures, benefits, and more
What is hysteroscopic surgery?
Hysteroscopic surgery is done to diagnose and treat the causes of abnormal bleeding. The method allows the doctor to look inside your uterus with a tool called a hysteroscope. It is a thin and lighted tube.
Types of Hysteroscopic Surgeries:
1. Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
2. Operative Hysteroscopy
The purpose of Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is-
- To visualize the condition of any infertility issue.
- To identify and examine the cause of repeated miscarriage.
- To observe any abnormal tumors or malignancies in the uterus.
- To diagnose painful and irregular menstrual periods.
The purpose of Operative Hysteroscopy is-
- Resolve any infertility matter.
- Remove cancerous growth, cysts, and polyps in the uterus.
What is the cost of hysteroscopic surgery in Mumbai?
The cost of hysteroscopic surgery varies from clinic to clinic and their success rate. The success rate is must always be at the top priority while choosing the right clinic. The price also differs according to the type of hysteroscopy that your medical condition needs.
When would one need hysteroscopic surgery?
You may need hysteroscopic surgery in the following instances:
- When there has been consistent abnormal bleeding for reasons that cannot be investigated by transvaginal ultrasound.
- For the testing and removal of endometrial polyps.
- Removal of intracavitary fibroids and uterine septum.
- Analysis of uterine adhesions.
- Investigation into postmenopausal bleeding.
- Examination of infertility prior to the IVF treatment.
- Repetitive miscarriages
How is hysteroscopic surgery performed?
- Hysteroscopic surgery may be performed either in a hospital or in a clinic on a day-to-day basis.
- Your surgeon will administer preoperative sedation by simple analgesics 1 to 2 hours before the procedure.
- Initially, the surgeon will open the cervix with a speculum.
- Then place the hysteroscope through the gap in the uterus of the female.
- Liquid or dioxide gas can be lightly passed into the womb through the hysteroscope to clear the surface and stretch it slightly.
- Light and camera at the top of the hysteroscope help the surgeon to observe the uterus and opening of fallopian tubes on the screen.
- The surgery needs 30 to 40 minutes for completion. Usually, after the completion of the procedure, the patient can leave after one hour.
What are the advantages of hysteroscopic surgery?
Hysteroscopy may offer the following advantages compared to other invasive procedures:
- Less hospital stays.
- Quick recovery.
- Less need for pain medication after surgery.
- Avoidance of hysterectomy and open abdominal surgery.
Is hysteroscopy safe?
Hysteroscopy is a relatively risk-free procedure. Hysteroscopy-related complications affect less than 1% of patients. However, as with any surgery, there are few risks to consider:
- Risks associated with anaesthesia.
- Heavy bleeding
- Intrauterine scarring
- Rare chances of injury to the cervix, uterus, bladder, or bowel
- Reaction to the component used to open the uterus
Why should you choose Dr. Hrishikesh pai for hysteroscopy in Mumbai?
- You will undergo surgery from Dr. Hrishikesh Pai. He is an experienced and skilled Hysteroscopy Specialist in Mumbai.
- Bloom IVF is one of the best IVF centre in India. Here, you will get access to state-of-the-art medical infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Our medical team comprises highly qualified gynaecologists. They have great expertise in assisting all gynaecological procedures.
- We maintain the cost of gynaecological procedures so that anyone can avail of our high-quality services.
If you suffer from heavy menstrual flow, don’t wait; book an appointment with Dr. Hrishikesh Pai, one of the best IVF doctor in Mumbai, to seek the most effective treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
After the treatment, the patient should be able to return home quickly. The patient must wait until the effects of the anesthesia have worn off if you were under anesthesia. The doctor will prescribe pain medication to make the patient feel better.
For a few days after hysteroscopy, patient can experience vaginal discharge and cramping. The patient should refrain from sexual activity for few days. The patient may resume regular activities in one or two days.
If the patient experiences any of the following signs, call the doctor right away:
- Heavy bleeding (need for more than one sanitary napkin every hour)
- Inability to urinate
- Severe or increased abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath