Dr. Hrishikesh D. Pai MD, FCPS, FICOG, MSc (USA) MEDICAL DIRECTOR, Bloom IVF Group
- DR HRISHIKESH PAI,MD, FCPS, FICOG, MSc, is one of the country’s leading gynecologist. His preeminence in the field of Gynecologyhas enabled him to achieve thepremier position as the Present Secretary General of the Federation of Obstetric andGynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) which is one of the largest organization ofprofessional doctors in the country consisting of 33,000 Gynaecologists. Previously Dr. Pai was the Senior Vice President of FOGSI in 2006.
- Dr. Pai is also the pioneer in the field of Infertility and IVF since 1991. He presently is the Director of the Bloom IVF Group which runsnine IVF centres all over India including Lilavati hospital & Bhatia hospital Mumbai and Fortis Hospitals in New Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Mohali and Navi Mumbai. In order to enable poor patients to have accessto advanced services Dr. Pai has also gotan IVF unit in the D Y Patil Medical College. He has been the first doctor in India to introducenumerous innovations in medical fieldssuch as assisted laser hatching, spindle view, ovarian tissue freezing for cancer patients, oocyte freezing, IMSI and embryoscope. In appreciation of his enormous contributions, the international agency Frost & Sullivan bestowedupon him the best IVF group in India award in 2013. Additionally he was elected by his colleagues to the highest positionin IVF – the Immediate Past President ofthe Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR). In appreciation of his work Dr. Pai hasgot elected as the Member – Board of Directorsof the World body of Infertility namely International Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS): a first for an Indian.
- Dr. Pai was instrumental in introducing office Hysteroscopic surgery first time in India. He has contributed to the country’s family planning programs by running one of themost successful laparoscopic program, forwhich he and his father the late Padmashri & freedom fighter Dr Dutta Pai have receivednumerous awards. In appreciation of his pathbreaking work in endoscopy, Dr. Pai waselected as the President of the prestigious IndianAssociation of Gynecological Endoscopistsin 2008. Dr. Pai has been a versatile and dynamic doctor working actively for thebetterment of women and child health. In 2008 he was elected as President of Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynecological Society.
- Dr. Pai has been a leading teacher and academician. He has been assistant professor at the D Y patil Medical College, the Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Eastern Virginia Medical School, USA and the post graduateteacher at the MD and DNB examinations, National Board New Delhi. He has had many articles and research papers published in national & international books & journals and has delivered more than 500 guest lectures allover India and abroad. Dr. Pai has also actively contributed to various central and stategovernment policy making bodies. He is member of the Still Birth Committee of the Ministry of Health, GOI, New Delhi 2015. Heis also been invited as an expert to suggest changes to the ART Bill 2013 by the ICMR, New Delhi in 2014. He is also a Member ofthe three special committee of Governmentof Maharashtra, to suggest changes to the ART Bill 2013 & PCPNDT act regarding Infertility in 2013 and 2015.
- Dr. Pai has been the Honorary Asst. Consultantfor Kurla Municipal Hospital, serving patientsfor free from 1991 till 2007. He has beena past twice Community Service Director ofRotary Club.He had won the best internsprize for vaccination program in the Mumbai slums of Malawni. In another first ofits kind in India, Dr. Pai as President of Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction had launched Project Hope. In this, poor patientsbelow poverty line (BPL) can obtain IVF servicesfree of charge in private clinics of ISAR members all over India. In appreciation of the yeoman scientific, medical and community service, Dr. Pai has been the recipient of numerous awards such as the Rashtriya Ekta Award, Indian Medical Association (Mumbai West) Best Doctor Award, Navshakti Newspaper Award, Jai Hind College Alumni Award, RK Trust Award, Medscape India National Award, Lions International Gold Award, Ferticon Life Time Achievement Award, Dr Kanal GoelNational Indian Medical Association Award amongst others.